Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Erap on pardon: I don’t owe Arroyo anything

I don’t owe her anything.

This was the statement of former President Joseph “Erap" Estrada on President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo despite the presidential pardon given to him three years ago.

“Siya ang may may utang na loob dahil inagawan ako ng puwesto (She’s the one who owe me because she stole the presidency from me)," Estrada said when he took the hot seat on GMA News’ election show “Kandidato," which was aired Wednesday night.

He said Malacañang had asked him to issue a written apology in exchange for his pardon, but he declined it. He also denied that he asked for his pardon.

“Wala akong kasunduan na ganoon at hindi ako humingi sa kaniya ng pardon. Pinasusulat pa nga ako, pero ayaw ko [I never made any agreement, and I never asked for her pardon. I was made to write my apology, but I refused]," he said.

Estrada said President Arroyo probably pardoned him because “she was moved by her conscience" over “a miscarriage of justice."

No comments:

Post a Comment