Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Manny Pacquiao: “I am Willing to Take Blood Tests’”

By Ryan Dunn: World Champion boxer Manny Pacquiao made an official statement for his website today. He seems to be warming to Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s sentiment about keeping the sport clean and honest, and has shown a willingness to negotiate in good faith. He does, of course, have his conditions.

Here is the official statement, in full:

“I AM WILLING TO TAKE BLOOD TESTS, JUST NOT THE DAY OF THE FIGHT.

I am willing to help the sport for the future of the sport. I do not want to see anyone cheat or cheat this sport. For that reason I am willing to consider taking blood as close as 14 days prior to the fight, as long as, my opponent does the same, and it is not a lot of blood, just enough to test.

I do not want anyone having an unfair advantage where someone may get hurt. I am willing to do my part to help this sport out.”

Manny went on to state he still has no problem giving a final blood sample immediately following the fight, but does not want blood drawn just before, for he feels that even if it doesn’t hurt him physically, it may hurt him mentally.

At the time of his statement, he had not watched the Mayweather vs. Mosley fight, but he most certainly will. I know Freddie Roach has likely taken down his notes already for the seemingly inevitable Megafight between Floyd and Manny.

Stay tuned for more as the negotiations heat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment