Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Rondo, Wallace practice Wednesday

LOS ANGELES -- Boston Celtics Rasheed Wallace and Rajon Rondo, both of whom are nursing back injuries, participated fully in Wednesday's practice session, including contact drills, a positive sign as both ramp up for Game 1 of the NBA Finals on Thursday.

Wallace, who originally tweaked his back during Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals against Orlando then left in the fourth quarter of Game 6, had been held out of contact drills earlier in the week, but moved fluidly in the portion of practice open to the media, which included stretching and shooting drills.

Rondo said he'll be near full health by Thursday.

"My body is fine," said Rondo. "These five days have definitely been great for me personally. I know it's great for the team, but for me I've been getting a lot of massages, a lot of treatment. I'm feeling better and better each day. The more time I get, the better I am. [Thursday], I'm sure I'll be back almost at 100 percent."

Elsewhere on the Celtics' injury front, Marquis Daniels (concussion) said he is feeling better, but is still waiting full clearance from trainer Ed Lacerte.

"I'm feeling better, it's progressively getting better each day," said Daniels. "The break helped. I'm just waiting for Ed to give me the sign now. I'm antsy."

Daniels has seen his role decrease throughout the season, but threw his name in the hat to help defend the Lakers' Kobe Bryant.

"Like anyone that likes to compete, you want to go out there and play against one of the best of the game," said Daniels. "I'd like that opportunity."

Answering about Lakers center Andrew Bynum and his injured knee, Celtics coach Doc Rivers summed up injuries at this time of year.

"[Bynum's knee is a] non-factor for us; [it's a] factor for them probably," said Rivers. "We're not going to worry about whether he's healthy or not. Players tend to be healthy once the Finals start no matter what their injury status is, and you know that. We're viewing him as 100 percent and a factor in the series."

Chris Forsberg covers the Celtics for ESPNBoston.com. Follow him on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment