Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Friday, February 5, 2010

Amar'e Stoudemire favoring opt-in with Phoenix Suns

SOURCE: AZCENTRAL.COM

DENVER - Amar'e Stoudemire's NBA future has more possible endings than a game of Clue.

He cleared up one scenario Wednesday. Whether or not the Suns trade him by the Feb. 18 deadline, Stoudemire is favoring the idea of picking up his $17.7 million option for 2010-11 rather than declining it to be a free agent in July.

"It's not a bad option for me," he said. "Just to have a sense of security, I could opt in to know I'd be here. Plus, I got 18 (million dollars) coming next season so that's not a bad option."

Stoudemire said he is not concerned about what a new collective bargaining agreement might hold for 2011, when he would be a free agent if he opts in and does not sign an extension. The Suns have talked to Stoudemire's agent, Happy Walters, but no offer was made. Even if Stoudemire is not traded in the next two weeks, a summer sign-and-trade remains possible.

Many teams are considering a Stoudemire trade. Yahoo reported that Miami scouted two Suns games even though they don't play again.

"My decision as far as leaving is 50-50," Stoudemire said. "I have no set feel that I won't go or that I want to stay. The chemistry on the team has been phenomenal. I'd rather keep that going, keep trying to win and see what we can do this year. We can have a pretty good season. I definitely want to see how that plays out. But that may not happen."

No comments:

Post a Comment